Insurance and Employee Assistance FAQ
Ray A. Blume is an approved in-service Mental Health Provider for the following Health Insurance companies:
Aetna, Amerihealth, Cigna, Horizon Blue Cross, Independence Blue Cross, Keystone Health Plan East, Magellan, Oxford and United Behavioral Health
And for the following Employee Assistance Programs:
Carebridge, ComPsych, EFR, FirstCall, Life Era, Magellan, Cigna, United Behavioral Health and MhNet.
RATES and INSURANCE INFORMATION
Private Pay rate: $90 per 50-minute session
Reduced rates may be available in cases of financial hardship. Such arrangements are considered on a case by case basis
I cannot guarantee that your insurance will reimburse your time in therapy. If I am an approved provider with your insurance carrier, my office will submit a claim for payment. If we do not receive payment, you will then be responsible for the balance of our unpaid fee for service.
Our office accepts cash or personal checks, only.
When attempting to use your insurance benefits, please check with your carrier to determine the following:
1. Do I have Mental Health Benefits?
2. Do I have a deductible, and if so, what is it and has it been reached?
3. How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
4. How much is my co-payment?
5. Does my plan cover Out-of-Network providers and, if so, at what rate?
6. Is approval and/or authorization required from my insurance carrier?
Cancellation Policy: I ask that whenever possible 48 hours notice be given when canceling an appointment. If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, and advance notice has been given at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay a $25 fee.